We are sure we have all been in a situation where you want to spend your crypto on chosen goods, but cannot go through with the payment because the retailer or website simply does not provide a crypto payment option.
However, there is a simple way to bypass this hiccup, by buying gift cards with crypto. There are many platforms built to specifically sell retailer gift cards for crypto users. These gift cards can be used as a payment option upon checkout on your selected retailers website.
How is it done and what website gift cards can you purchase? Here is a full guide on how to purchase gift cards with crypto and later on use them for buying goods.
Step by step guide:
- Choose a crypto gift card platform. There are many to choose from and they vary in range of what retailers gift cards they provide. Choose a platform that supports a retailer of your choice (Amazon, Ebay and etc.).
- Select the gift card that you have chosen to purchase. You can also select the amount of money you want to top-up the card with.
- Pay for the selected gift card with your chosen cryptocurrency. The platform will convert the gift card dollar amount to your chosen digital currency. Proceed with the payment with your e-wallet.
- Receive your digital gift card in an instance. Send it as a gift to loved ones or use for personal shopping needs.
- Whenever you want to spend your gift cards balance, open up the chosen retailers website, select goods, proceed to checkout and select a gift card payment option.
- Enjoy your purchase and repeat when needed.
Why are gift cards used as a way for crypto users to shop online? Because most online retailers like Amazon, Sephora or Xbox don’t have a crypto payment option directly on their website, so purchasing valid retailer gift cards can help bypass this restriction. Commence with any shopping you wish to do with a single crypto payment.
Some of the most popular retailers whose gift cards you can buy with crypto include:
- And many others
Why do some of the most popular retailers still do not provide users with a crypto payment option? Some say this is due to the fact that cryptocurrencies are not regulated and this puts most big companies on edge. But this may be for the time being. With more and more users converting to digital payments, it is a matter of time before large companies join in the fun.