MakerDAO to Invest $500M in US Bonds
Main page News, DeFi
Hot topic
Oct. 7, 2022

The community of DeFi project MakerDAO has just approved a proposal to transfer $500 million in stablecoins into short-term US Treasuries and corporate bonds.

The decentralized autonomous agency (DAO) working under the project has given the green light to a $1 million test transaction, while the rest of the funds will be placed in bonds over the next few days.

Subscribe to our Telegram channel to get daily short digests about events that shape the crypto world

According to MakerDAO participants, the initiative is driven by the desire to strengthen the project's balance sheet with the help of traditional liquid and low-risk assets.

The project has teamed up with DeFi consulting firm Monetalis to implement the plan.

80% of the allocated amount will be placed in short-term US Treasury bonds, the remaining 20% in corporate bonds.

The $500 million will be split equally between asset managers Sygnum Bank and Baillie Gifford, with Monetalis participating.

Read also:
Please describe the error