BlackRock Releases an ETF Focused on Blockchain Companies on Euronext
Wikimedia.org/Americasroof
Main page News, Cryptocurrency
Hot topic
30 September

Asset manager BlackRock, which has $9.5 trillion in assets under management, has just launched an exchange-traded fund (ETF) focused on blockchain and cryptocurrency companies on the Euronext platform.

The iShares Blockchain Technology UCITS ETF, whose ticker is BLKC, reportedly tracks the NYSE FactSet Global Blockchain Technologies index, which is based on the price performance of 35 international companies.

Subscribe to our Telegram channel to get daily short digests about events that shape the crypto world

75% of the index is made up of stocks of blockchain companies, including miners and cryptocurrency exchanges, while the remaining 25% is made up of companies that support the digital asset ecosystem, including payment services and semiconductor manufacturers.

Omar Mufti, product strategist for thematic and sector ETFs at BlackRock, has said:

"We believe digital assets and blockchain technologies are going to become increasingly relevant for our clients as use cases develop in scope, scale, and complexity."

Read also:
Please describe the error
Close