The founder of the cryptocurrency platform TRON, Justin Sun, said in a tweet he plans a space trip in 2022 with five other crew mates. The Chinese tech entrepreneur says he paid $28 million in an auction for Blue Origin's first crewed mission in July but missed the launch.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to stay up to date on the latest crypto and blockchain news.
As part of the so-called"Sea of Stars" campaign, Sun wants to select other five crew members based on the following requirements:
- The first nominee should be a "prominent figure in the crypto world" who is crazy about cruising in metaverse.
- The second nominee will be a TRON DAO community member "with a strong passion for space."
- The third nominee will be an entrepreneur in the tech field who has a vision for the future and welcomes innovation in all technology-related fields.
- The fourth will be an artist who has the "wildest dreams of space and the future of humankind."
- And the fifth nominee will be a "highly visible and socially influential celebrity."
It remains unclear though for how long Sun will be selecting the nominees and when exactly the space trip is scheduled to occur. Previously, Sun left TRON to become an ambassador of the Grenada government to the World Trade Organization. TRON Foundation's two other nodes, "BitTorrent," and "µTorrent," also withdrew from the project's ranks of super representatives. From now on, the entire network is run by 27 super representatives hosted by the community, the foundation said.
Access more than 50 of the world's financial markets directly from your EXANTE account – including NASDAQ, London Stock Exchange and Tokyo Stock Exchange.