The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has announced Monday the formation of a new department called CIA Labs to research and develop science and technology solutions in support of CIA’s mission.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to stay up to date on the latest crypto and blockchain news.
According to an official press release, the new arm is focused on multidisciplinary research and engineering to address new challenges. The initiative will also research the blockchain and distributed ledger technologies' area.
The agency will also research the following areas:
- advanced materials and manufacturing;
- artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics;
- bioscience and biotechnology;
- virtual and augmented reality;
- high performance and quantum computing;
- future wireless and telecommunications technologies; and
- robotic, autonomous, and human interface systems.
Earlier in September, the US Department of the Treasury in cooperation with the US Department of Justice, the US Department of Homeland Security and the US Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control sanctioned two Russians for involvement in a phishing campaign dated between 2017 and 2018.
As of total, the individuals managed to steal at least $16.8 million, Treasury states.
Access more than 50 of the world's financial markets directly from your EXANTE account – including NASDAQ, London Stock Exchange and Tokyo Stock Exchange.