In a recently published report, titled “Bitcoin Decrypted: A Brief Teach-In and Implications” by Morgan Stanley, the bank states that Bitcoin (BTC) is considered to be a “new institutional investment class.”
The report also states that retail investors “stay put as institutional investors get involved” in the crypto industry. Morgan Stanley has divided bitcoin evolution into several parts:
- Bitcoin as digital cash (2009 — 2016);
- Bitcoin as incumbent financial system antidote (2010 — 2017);
- Bitcoin as replacement payment system (2010 — 2017);
- Bitcoin as new fundraising and capital allocation mechanisms (2015 — 2018);
- Bitcoin as store of value (2017 — 2018);
- Bitcoin as disruption advantaged refuge for depreciating currency (Spring 2018 — Summer 2018);
- Bitcoin as new institutional investment class (2017 — Present).
Previously, in September, it was reported that Morgan Stanley Banking Holding could provide its customers with an opportunity to trade swaps for the total revenue from the dynamics of the bitcoin exchange rate.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to stay up to date on the latest crypto and blockchain news.