Charles Hoskinson, CEO of Cardano, announced the release of Cardano 1.2 via Twitter. According to the tweet, the update will take action around 12:20 PM UTC on Tuesday, meaning that the Cardano mainnet has been updated on time and is now live.
A full changelog has been published, exposing details of the code modifications.
The core code changes are:
- An optimized the way of using the mempool in the Wallet Backend (CBR-6)
- Analysis of the usage of database updates and the introduction of new atomic updates in the Wallet Backend (CBR-8)
- Investigated and solved the balance discrepancy experienced by Bittrex (CBR-135)
- Asynchronous restoration of a wallet (CBR-90).
- Added sorting and filtering capabilities to the wallet V1 API (CBR-20)
Several bugs were also fixed:
- Fixed wallet creation and backup when there are non-latin characters in the wallet name (R120-4)
- Fixed an issue where Daedalus remained stuck at "Connecting to network..." screen after updating version (CBR-282, R120-17).
Following the announcement, Cardano (ADA) saw a price increase of 6,32% in the last 24 hours - it is trading at $0,193177 at 11:21 (GMT+1).
By Nadya Astam