Cupertino, on the stage of the Steve Jobs Theater, an exciting autumn presentation of Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) was held. The company introduced several new products at once: the fourth generation of Apple Watch smart watches, the top of the tier – iPhone XS, signature iPhone XS Max, and a budget version – iPhone XR.
Apple Watch 4
In the fourth generation of smart watches, Apple has focused on sports and health. This is the first watch that can record an electrocardiogram (that you can immediately send to your doctor). In addition, now the watch can understand when the owner falls. If he or she does not stand up in a minute, they automatically turn on SOS mode and call an ambulance.
Here are the main characteristics of Apple Watch 4:
- Enlarged frameless display (40 and 44 mm instead of 38 and 40 mm)
- New S4 processor
- Speaker with 50% increased volume
- Bluetooth, GPS and Cellular Module
- Pulse sensor (which will monitor the extremes in the heartbeat of the owner)
- Vibration feedback for Digital Crown scroll wheel
The cost of Apple Watch 4 will be $399 (for the regular version) and $499 (for the LTE-version). The users will be able to order devices starting tomorrow (September 14). It is expected in Apple stores starting on 21 September.
iPhone XS и iPhone XS Max
Tim Cook has announced that iPhone X became the No. 1 smartphone in the world and that 98% of users are completely satisfied with the device (an absolute record). But Apple does not stand still – the company has introduced updated versions of the flagship iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
Externally, the new devices do not differ from last year's smartphone - the same body of glass and steel, a vertical double camera and a notch on the top of the screen. But the internal characteristics have changed remarkably:
- OLED display Super Retina: 5.8 inches (iPhone XS), 6.5 inches (iPhone XS Max)
- Dual camera: 12 Mp (with optical stabilization, telephoto lens), front camera 7 Mp
- Face ID (now the technology of face recognition has become even faster and safer)
- 7-nanometer A12 Bionic processor (record performance up to 5 trillion operations per second)
- Built-in memory: 64, 256 and 512 GB
- Color solutions: black, silver and gold
- Enhanced speakers with a wider stereo sound
- Protection against water and dust according to IP68
- Improved charging (the iPhone XS battery holds half an hour longer than the iPhone X, XS Max - for an hour and a half)
Another new option, which is worth mentioning separately, is two SIM-cards, the usual physical one, and eSIM – a virtual SIM. For the Chinese market, iPhone will be supplied with two physical SIM-cards. The cost of the flagships will be $999 for iPhone XS and $1099 for iPhone XS Max. Sales of the devices begin on September 21.
In addition to the iPhone XS and the iPhone XS Max, Apple introduced another smartphone – a budget version named iPhone XR.
So, here are its characteristics:
- LCD display Liquid Retina: 6.1 inches
- Processor A12
- Single camera 12 Mp
- Lack of 3D Touch
- Built-in memory: 64, 128, 256 GB
- New color solutions: white, black, red, yellow, coral and blue
The cost of iPhone XR will be $749, sales of the device will start on October 26. While the Pre-order will be available starting October 19